Thursday, March 19, 2020

Botox

Today was my scheduled day for my Botox injections that I get as treatment for my migraines.
It's also day who-knows-what of the COVID-19 Pandemic which is causing closures and cancellations around the world.

It's been a rough few weeks for headaches for me. Sometimes the Botox wears off and the headaches come roaring back before it's time for the next injection. Stress or illness seem to make that worse.
Well, I can tell you that the stress has been high. And the headaches have been plentiful.  So I was very much looking forward to getting my injections and hopefully some relief.

A few days ago I got an email from the Neurology department saying they were rescheduling most appointments and gave a link to reschedule my appointment. It said that if I didn't reschedule on my own, someone from the office would call.

Well, I did not click the link! Heck no. I figured once someone called, I would beg if needed to be able to get my shots. I was imagining what my life would be like if I had to wait weeks or months for my injections (when will the COVID crisis be over? No idea.) and it seemed bad.

Some time went by and no one called. Then we had an earthquake. I figured I better call.

I called the office and the girl who answered said that everything was down from the earthquake and that someone would call me.

No one called.

Another day went by.

This morning, the day of my appointment, I tried to call again. This time I got someone and she said that I did indeed have an appointment and it wasn't being rescheduled!

I was elated!

The office was a little fortress. Doors locked and only let in after answering questions about health and travel and getting a squirt of hand sanitizer (from a distance).

I sure am grateful for my doctor who is working when other people aren't.
I sure am glad I didn't click that link.

No comments:

Post a Comment