Saturday, November 2, 2019

Unplanned

Today we had planned to go Axe throwing with Carter and Harley who were coming down from Logan and SLC respectively.  Other than that we didn't have any plans or know what they had going on. Her family lives close by so we often just get to see them for a part of the day and then they spend time with her family. Makes sense.
Today, it turns out, her family was out of town so we had them here for basically the whole day!
We went axe throwing. (Harley's first time) We always have a good time axe throwing. We played a game and in the end it was between Harley and Frank. Frank won in the end but it was fun watching Harley give him a run for his money.


We went out to lunch together.
We played Hearts..a family favorite. We are still trying to convert Harley but she was a good sport. I lost big time.  Frank won, as usual, though I hate to admit it.  He gets cocky about all of his winning.
Then we went out and played some frisbee golf.  Again, I lost (Harley and I were both behind Carter and Frank).  I'm terrible at frisbee golf but still find it fun. I didn't wear the right shoes and had to do a little hiking on uneven and treacherous ground. My balance is not what it once was since my surgery so I get more nervous about falling.

We had intended to get a picture together but only managed to get this one. (Carter was having fun but gets a kick out of making mad faces for pictures...I warned Harley, yet again, that this is her future! HA!)


They just left a few minutes ago since Carter plans to drive all the way back to Logan tonight. I had a fun day just hanging out with them. I hope they did too.

I always feel a bit melancholy after spending time with my boys. I miss having them around and when they leave again, it makes me sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment