Thursday, November 16, 2017

I've been MIA

I've been MIA and I know it.
But I don't know what to do about it exactly because it is what it is.
But here's some stuff that's been going on.

Organizing pictures: just deleted over 50 blurry pictures of the same sunset that I was apparently trying to capture while riding in a car.  Here's one I must have taken when the car had slowed or perhaps stopped, so it is less blurry (but still not great).


_____

I have a cold.  When I get a cold, I get A COLD.  I have a sore throat, headache, cough, body aches and every time I cough my left ear hurts.  Oh yeah, I have an ear infection too.
I'm also a whiner when I'm sick so it's lucky that Frank has been out of town for this, especially because HE GAVE IT TO ME.
I also haven't taken off work because I'm trying to save my vacation days so I can maybe someday take some days off when I want to, not when I feel sick.
That's been fun.
_____

Now that we have the whole daylight savings thing, I am not driving to work during the sunrise.
I miss it, but I can see it out of my window before I leave, which I really enjoy.


_____

I went to Anthropologie with my cousin Sara awhile back.
When we were there I bought myself a cute apron.  I like to wear aprons when I work in the kitchen but we laughed when I bought it saying that I would probably be afraid to use it because it's so cute.
Yeah, that's not me!  I'm gonna use that cute apron!
I have had numerous opportunities to use the apron and what I do is I pull it out, put it on, and then think "you know, I"m working with food that might stain it" so I decide to put it back into the closet and pull out the old apron that is already stained.
 Yep, I still haven't used that apron.  But it's darn cute.


_____

I'm getting some new curtains in my family room/kitchen area.  So a couple of weeks ago I moved the curtain rod up to where I want it.  My perfect sister is making my curtains because, well, she's perfect.  I'm kind of afraid of large swaths of fabric and she isn't.  Anyway, while we are waiting for the new curtains, I decided to put the old curtains up so that we have some kind of window covering. The old curtains definitely don't fit on the new rod and whenever people visit, I feel like I have to explain that I don't have horrible taste when it comes to curtains.


Yep, it's quite a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment