Wednesday, August 17, 2016

4 a.m. musings

I am awake at 4 a.m.
but I actually woke up at 2 a.m.
it's just that now, at 4 a.m, I have finally given up

So here is what I am thinking about:

My rib hurts.
I knocked my rib out of joint last night by getting a bad case of hiccups.
Seriously.
I think it should take some sort of amazing fall or being run into by a linebacker to knock my rib out of joint.
But, no, hiccups is all it takes now.
The chiropractor put it back into place but it still hurts when I move.

Amber and the girls went home.
It's so quiet now.
Luckily I have a bathtub with dinosaur toys in it, a dining room floor covered in drawings and colored pencils, a bedroom with miscellaneous toys and trash on the floor and a pantry full of kid friendly snacks to remind me that they were here.
I might not clean for awhile just to keep the feeling.

Amber spent almost the whole morning throwing up before getting on a flight with two kids under 3 all by herself.
Airlines are stupid for not letting you change your flight plans (without incurring huge fees, that is) when you spend the whole morning throwing up.
She texted that she arrived home safely and that the girls were really good.
Whew!
I haven't texted back because I don't want to admit that I was awake when I got the text at 2 a.m.
I hope that the other people on her flight took airborne since she was forced to fly even though she was a big ol' bundle of germs.

I need to think of something better to do with my middle of the night time other than thinking of all the reasons that I should repaint all of the trim in my house.

Why did the guy who owned this house before me like beige so much?
And is there a way to start liking beige so I can just relax?
And is it worth all the effort of painting the whole place if I just end up painting it greige instead of beige?

Should I stay here on the couch looking out at my totally dark neighborhood?  Or should I go back to bed and stare at the totally dark ceiling? hmmmm

Netflix now asks me if I want to watch all kinds of animated tv shows based on the things we watched for the last 2 weeks.

I can't even describe how happy I am that I do not have a kid starting school soon.

Ok I'm done. I am obviously very deep at 4 a.m.

I might try to sleep now.  If Frank wakes up all chipper and talkative at 7:30, I will throttle him.



No comments:

Post a Comment