Monday, September 17, 2012

The attic

For the last week or so I have spent much of my time (off and on when it wasn't too hot) working on organizing and purging my attic.
I wish I had taken a "before" picture except that I would be too ashamed for anyone to see it.
The attic was chock full to the brim with this and that
Junk mostly
Books (tons of books)
clothes
Bins of "stuff" that the kids saved
Decorations for holidays (the only thing that probably really belongs in the attic!)
and lots of empty boxes

Carter has helped me schlep the stuff downstairs for our upcoming garage sale
We did a lot of schlepping!

And now my dining room is full of junk
So I really really have to have that garage sale now!


The attic is much better now but still has more stuff than I prefer.
maybe on my next round of purging I can get rid of all the empty boxes that hubby still thinks we should keep.

I don't feel the attic pressing down on my spirit anymore though, which is a very good thing.
That mess was seriously bringing me down!

1 comment:

  1. I love a good purge. I really do. But it is so much work!

    ReplyDelete