Monday, January 9, 2012

Looking Back IV- A Sad Christmas Story

It's hard being this behind on blogging.
So many stories to tell and yet they all seem to be 
"old news"
but I always run into the problem of the fact that I really write this thing for myself
(not really you 3 people reading this...though I do love you!)
I print it out at the end of the year as a journal.
So if I skip stuff just because its old, that would just be silly.
right?

Ok, on to the post.

Christmas Day!
yes. Still.

We got perhaps the biggest, most exciting gift for one of our kids that we have ever gotten
and probably will ever get again.

Austin had gotten some pretty boring Christmas gifts all morning.
Socks, pajama bottoms, a couple of shirts.
Oh he did get a Grateful Dead blanket that he liked...
But overall I think he was chalking this one up to the lamest Christmas ever in terms of gifts.

Then I pointed out one last gift hidden behind the tree...

His reaction was pretty happy

We got Austin...




A CAR!


A cute used Subaru Legacy with a previously applied bumper sticker that says "Swedes have more fun" 
haha

Four Days Later...
Here is that Subaru:


Totaled.
Hauled off to the junk yard.
Gone.
Definitely the most expensive and short lived gift we have ever given.

Thankfully the most important part, our son, is fine.

He was pretty sad though.
He was free for a whole 4 days.
Now its' back to getting rides from Mom.
sigh
(that's from both of us)

5 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I literally just gasped out loud when I read that. Ouch, my friend. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I am glad he's OK! Sorry the car was short lived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a crazy story! I'm glad he's ok! But what about that giant crack in the passenger side of the windshield? Is everyone else ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia: "Valentine cards had become a tradition of ours, born of the fact that we could never get ourselves organized in time to send out Christmas cards."
    Source: Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme. My Life in France. 2006. pg. 301.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was no one else in the car. The windshield was cracked by the airbag I think (yes, the airbags went off!). Everyone in both cars was fine, thank heaven!

    ReplyDelete