Sunday, January 7, 2024

Annual birthday post

Well, the Michigan folks came for Christmas and we also had Carter's family and Ryan's family here a lot over the break...and we got some new germs. I succumbed to the illness on the 3rd of January and by my birthday I was well and truly sick.

I called out sick to work on Thursday night and spent my birthday in bed/on the couch with tissues and cold medication.

Frank was willing to take me to lunch and/or dinner but I just wasn't up for it. I think he got us take out but I honestly can't remember..it's all a blur.

Frank gave me some new workout clothes which was nice. Ryan stopped by with a card and some mini cinnamon rolls. Austin and Branden both called. And I chatted by text with Carter but he was also sick. Amber sent me some gem art to do for when my house is torn apart and I need a distraction (they worked on one while there were here and it looks pretty fun!)

I was hoping to feel better the day after my birthday and we bought tickets to see the newest Hunger Games movie but I ended up cancelling that because I still felt horrible. We ended up renting it at home though so we still watched it. I had read the book so I knew it wasn't exactly uplifting but, yeah, downer movie when you're already feeling crappy. ha!

I hope and plan to go to lunch with my sisters this week or as soon as I feel better. I've already called out sick to work tomorrow (it's 1/7 as I write this) because I still feel horrid. The worst is that when I'm sick it sometimes triggers other things that make life even worse: cold sores (yep, got several) and the ice pick headaches (so far those have been off and on and not debilitating).

I also plan to make myself a cake at some point! Or make Frank do it. But that get's harder the further away from my birthday we get. I did tell him that I want a birthday do-over when I'm feeling better because this one sucked.

I have a tradition of taking a selfie on my birthday just for fun/show the passage of time. But man, I look bad. I took one but probably deleted it. If it's still there when I have energy to check, I'll upload it here.

I tried to smile  in the hopes it would improve the picture but alas. No makeup, cold sore, hair fresh from shower and not styled at all, feel like death. There you have it: 57!


No comments:

Post a Comment